Green Building – A practical approach
“Green Building” remains a catch phrase that means different things to different people. Here are some examples:
- Upgrading to alternative sources of heat and electricity.
- Collecting rain water for landscaping and garden irrigation.
- Minimizing the amount of materials they remove from their home during a remodeling project and recycling everything they can to reduce the impact on the landfill.
- Reusing materials in a different area of your home or donating them for reuse by others.
- Energy efficiency – insulation, appliances, windows, duct sealing, caulking and weatherization.
- Using materials with minimal off-gassing and low VOCs.
We all want to be good stewards of our resources–resources that not only include building materials, recycling and waste disposal, but time and money too. Many of our clients have come to realize that building in an environmentally friendly manner also means making smart, practical decisions that translate into financial savings over time. Clients with health problems are also interested in the reduced toxicity of green construction, especially in the reduction of chemical off-gassing and VOC’s. Whatever your concerns or motivations, Specktacular Home Remodeling will tailor your project to address your specific needs and interests.